Excerpts from Articles
Click periodical titles to view full article
- "Women's Bodies - the Naked Truth"
- Redbook Magazine, May 2001
- "If a woman finds her body unacceptable, her dis-ease compromises her immune
system and can lead to disease" says La Jolla psychotherapist Cathy Conheim...
- San Diego Magazine, March 2001
- "Body Image Inspirations"
- Mode Magazine, March 2001
- "For the moment the Bubbleman, a female boxer, a recovering alcoholic and
others shone in our pages. Here are updates on ther remarkable lives..."
- LA Times, January 2001
- "Getting Real - Hoping to make women feel comfortable with their bodies, three
friends rely on tiny casts of characters..."
- People Magazine, December 2000
- "The Real Body Beautiful"
- Health Journal, October 2000
- "Imagine...Two women doctors and a woman therapist sitting at dinner...(No,
this is not the beginning of some crude joke)."
- Evolving Woman Magazine, August
- "It's certainly not breaking news that a lot of women carry more than a towel,
Walkman and cross-trainers to the gym..."
- LA Times, July 2000
- "With a new millenium upon us, can you abandon the goals of working out primarly
for a firmer butt, flatter abs or thinner thighs..." Barbara Harris, Editor's
- Shape Magazine, May 2000
- "I thought, WOW! That's how I look and it's wonderful" Tabor Knight, 62 "Even
women who are very thin canhave insecurities about their bodies," says Kathy Shallow,
- San Diego Union Tribune, April 2000
- "At The Well - In the United States today, nine out of ten girls have a Barbie
doll that models a figure unattainable in real life..."
- The Other Side, January 2000